Tragedy has struck. I've come to the conclusion that my sense of taste has been severely compromised and my hunger is taking over. Example. Today I was looking for something to eat for lunch. I found a Hot Pocket in the back of my freezer. I seriously purchased these perhaps 6 months ago. I tried one and hated it, it was disgusting! Today I warmed it up, cut it into zillions of pieces and thought it was the best thing I've ever put in my mouth! What has happened to me?!?!!?!?!?
Another huge breakthrough. Went out to eat at a restaurant today. First time since before my surgery. Which is a pretty big accomplishment for me. I eat out a lot. Jody and I went to Guadalajara before the hockey game. Good 'ol plate of rice and beans to fill me up. Yum. I was dying to have some chips and salsa. I couldn't help myself so I dipped a couple of chips into the cheese dip that Jody ordered so I could mix it in my rice. The chip got really soggy and I was able to crunch it up into tiny pieces and eat it. Not sure if it really counts as eating chips, but it was definitely soft enough. The two chips were in no way filling though.
My lips were hurting real bad today (call me Napoleon) and chapstick wasn't going to help. I asked my mom to take a picture of it. (which in and of itself was a task to get, I kept moving and laughing) Now, this can be a little gross, so I apologize. However, I didn't post a picture of this sooner because believe it or not, it was a little worse than this. But, this picture explains exactly why I am so anxious to get to the Orthodontist office and have my surgical archwires removed! Ouch! Placing wax helps only the lower lip, which is in bad shape, but it also pushes the lip out further. So I couldn't take it any longer and had to suck it up today and push vanity aside and put some wax in.
Tonight I really really wanted a famous corndog at the Stars game, but stayed strong. I can probably get one at the next game I go to. Let's hope! I've been wanting one for a few months now. And of course now that I can't chew the stand finally came back. Thankfully the game was exciting enough to distract me. #1: We won!!! This is huge, we haven't won much this season. #2: It was my first game since the end of February. #3: There were punches thrown, and even by Chris Conner my favorite player who never fights! It was insane!
Well, I best be getting to bed. It's way past my bedtime!

0 Responses to "Saturday 03-29-08"
Post a Comment