Mom, Dad, Punkin, and Grandpa came over for lunch. Mom made delicious Chicken and Noodles, with mashed potatoes of course. I was able to crush it up enough to a baby food consistency to eat. It hit the spot. Mom also made brownies and she blended one into a shake for me. Also delicious.
Have I mentioned that I've been eating with a small silver spoon that my mom used when I was a baby? It's quite adorable. However, I've been depressed when I sit and stare at it for too long. Never did I think that I would be using my baby spoon when I was 25 years old. Usually that spins me into a plethora of "never did I thinks." Lesson learned: don't stare at baby spoon for too long.
Made a quick run to Michaels craft store. Decided that I want to open a bakery after I bought a book on cupcakes. Beware, amazing cupcakes will be coming out of my kitchen soon. As soon as I can eat them too! :-)
I was showing my parents a pre-surgery profile picture and a
post-surgery profile. Wow. I think the change is amazing. It's exactly what I wanted. I get a twinge in my lower lip and chin every so often throughout the day. It's annoying, but that has to mean nerves on the mend! It's also been tough since I can't smile. I feel like I've always got a frown. I tried smiling while looking in the mirror and it looked like I wasn't trying at all.
I head to work tomorrow. Dr. Burton suggested half-days, but I'm scheduled full days all week. So, please be praying for me! I have a feeling Monday is going to be a doozie. But I know that we will all make it!

0 Responses to "Silver Spoon Sunday 03-16-08"
Post a Comment