Thursday 03-20-08


I am happy to report that I did not get bit today. Actually that's not true, but it was at least an accident, and she barely got me. I did however get gleeked on, which isn't really fun, but a risk I take when working in people's mouths.

I still didn't feel great, but I made it through the day. I did however do something I wish I hadn't. I poured up a model for Jackie today. (for a bleach tray, we take the alginate or goopy impression and then have to pour it up with a stone plaster like material). We set a soft plastic bowl with the stone in it, on top of a vibrator to force out any air bubbles. Well I've poured up models for years and years and have my own personal technique. So, not thinking at all, I start to knead the sides of the plastic bowl while pressing down on the vibrator to help force out the bubbles. When I laid into it, it vibrated up my arms and into my jaw. Ugh. The very second it jostled me, I said out loud, "Oh crap, that hurts!" So I stopped and worked the bubbles out in another way. It was just one of those, now-that-I-think-about-it moments. Probably won't share that experience with my surgeon next week. Oops.

The pain management was a little better than yesterday. I still feel worn down. I did go to sleep yesterday around 6:30 and woke up this morning around 6:30. I think the sleep helped. How could it not?!?! I'm looking forward to the weekend to rest up.

I also sneezed today. That was the first time I've sneezed since the surgery. It happened so quickly. (Darn Ralph Lauren Blue tickled my nose!) Let's just say, I hope I don't do it again anytime soon.

I've been excited all day long to go to Immersion tonight. It is going to be in the new sanctuary. I've missed the last two weeks. Even though I didn't feel great, there really was no way I was going to miss again tonight. It truly is some great praise and worship and fellowship, that I look forward to going to every week. Tonight wasn't any different. The new sanctuary is massive at best. The music was amazing, however it is really hard to worship God with your mouth tied shut. I really really wanted to sing my heart out, but I couldn't! Sortof singing one song wore me out! But I know God knew where my heart was. I have to admit, I thought that the group would seem dwarfed in the new setting, but I think it's going to give us more room to grow! What an amazing thought!

Well, I just took some pain meds, so I think I should probably step away from the keyboard. I might end up posting something I don't intend to. Ha. Plus my eyes are getting very heavy.


0 Responses to "Thursday 03-20-08"