It's my Happy Birthday

My 2nd birthday - much cuter than today.

So today is my birthday. Honestly nothing special. I'm getting older, woo hoo. I made it another year. This last year was crazy. Lots of ups with seemingly more downs. I'm on an up right now, with the healing after surgery. Slightly less elevated recently due to my infected toe. But still very pleased with the surgery which makes me feel like I'm flying high. Or maybe that's the pain pills? Ha, I kid... I'm not taking anything stronger than Tylenol PM every once in awhile.

Work was the most insane Monday we've had lately. Not sure if it's the spring like weather or what. Perhaps there is a full moon soon? I don't know, but wow... nutty stuff. We were suppose to go out to eat at either TGIFriday's or Palmer's in Ankeny. Neither one of those happened. We made it across the street to Legends. But thanks to some wonderful people at work, we got to come back to an Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake! It was wonderful. What would make cake better? Ice Cream Cake!

The family met me for dinner and then came over for cake (German Chocolate, my all time favorite). So as blah as my birthday seems, it does seem to be the only day when I had a reason to eat cake with two out of two meals today. That's pretty cool. My jaws actually are really sore today, but I wonder if it is because I've been chewing some crunchier things. Maybe I over did it. That's what I hope it is and not the infection in my toe. My mother did point out that I did look more swollen than the day before.

No big birthday plans... really wish I was in Cedar Falls listening to O.A.R. ... but oh well. Not sure what could be more depressing than going to a concert, by yourself, on your birthday, to shout out lyrics to Love and Memories. Seriously, that is a few cigarettes and bottle of booze away from being a Bridget Jones' movie? Ha. Sigh.

The concert I missed tonight.


Maybe tomorrow I'll have enough guts to go to the NeedToBreathe Concert by myself. Doubtful, because I'm a pansy.

0 Responses to "It's my Happy Birthday"