Tuesday 04-08-08

Today I had a huge gap in my schedule in the morning, so I decided I was going to call the Orthodontist office (for about the 5th time) to see if I could get in early. I don't know if they were just tired of telling me no, but they let me come in a day early! Everyone in the office knew I was pretty darn excited to get in. I couldn't wait to get those pokey surgical archwires out! However, I was terrified too. I was very worried that my jaw might get hurt or the entire procedure would be painful.

Justina was my assistant and she was nervous too. She didn't want to hurt me. I tell you what, she was very very very gentle! I think when I sit in the chair at the Orthodontist office I get nervous because it's a role reversal and it's a complete loss of control. All turned out well. Dr. Rovner said everything look great. They put in a "chain" on the top teeth to pull back my front few teeth and start to close the gaps. And holy smokes when that got finished... I felt like my head was going to implode. It was immediately sore. So all day I was very very very sore. But pain is progress! I took a picture of the gaps. We'll see how long it takes before they close up. Hopefully not too long! Sooner things move, sooner I get these braces off!!!!!!


My teeth were so sore tonight that I couldn't bite down and I resorted to eating soup for dinner. Not just any soup... Ramen Noodle!!! Yum! Couldn't believe how much it reminded me of my first "meal" after surgery... chicken broth that was kindof spicy. Fun times.


Went to the last home game of the Iowa Stars. We were ahead 2 to 1 all game until the last 30 seconds of the last period. Insane! Suddenly we were in overtime. And wham, in another 29 seconds, we lost. Ugh. Not a way to end the season. But sortof expected. Sigh. Tomorrow night is the Awards Ceremony Banquet for the Season Ticket Holders. I'll try to take some pictures, again no promises!

No game highlights, but I'll leave you with this fight from last season. (oh the 2007 team that I miss!) Francis Wathier... one of my favorites! A complete sidenote. I remember this fight, and turning around to see Isabel Wathier, Francis' wife, cheering on her husband... nice!









0 Responses to "Tuesday 04-08-08"