Maddening Monday 04-28-08



It's Monday that's for sure. I had a crazy day. An instrument broke in a patients mouth today, which freaked me out, but I had to remain calm. I ended up finding the broken point of the instrument, so that was good news. (What could happen to the point you ask? The patient could swallow it, inhale it into his lungs, or have it lodged into his gums... none are good options) I was then coughed on by the same patient, so spit flew up into my face. This was all before lunch. Had another patient eat ice cream out in the front office before I saw him. Seriously, what disrespect. Honestly, you figure I'm going to clean your teeth, so you might as well junk them up for me? I appreciate that. NOT.

My chin and lower lip are regaining feeling more and more. So much that at work, my mask constantly tickles. Sometimes it doesn't tickle as much as it sends a prickle feeling all the way to my teeth. The nerve endings must be going crazy. Even when I barely touch my lip and chin, it sends a zing, almost all the way to my teeth. All of this is good... feeling is feeling! I'll take what I can get! I still feel when I smile that you can tell that part of my lip is sortof paralyzed, but I've been reassured that it's all in my head. Yeah, yeah.

0 Responses to "Maddening Monday 04-28-08"