Wednesday 04-02-08



I know it sounds silly, but hear me out. I think 9 year olds are secretly plotting against me. I had another remarkable 9 year old patient today. She didn't bite me, which is good, but her mouth was one of the toughest I've worked on in awhile. However, I don't think this was her fault as much as it was her parents. I've vented enough about this to others, I'll spare you. It's just weird that the age group has brought me such anguish as of late.

On to better things! I started chewing foods today. Kindof. I gingerly stuck my toe in the chewing waters over lunch. It's difficult to even tell if I'm chewing because many of my lower teeth are partially numb. It's a goofy feeling. Plus, if I bite down too hard it just plain hurts. So for dinner I made myself some shredded barbeque chicken. Cut it up into tiny pieces like you would for a 2 year old and went at it. You can see I was able to choke it down. What you don't realize is this was all in about 3 mins. I kid. I kid. I found myself still swallowing whole bites. It's going to take a while to get used to chewing. How weird is that?! Plus, I am very sloppy about it. As depressed as I was about standing in my kitchen eating my first "meal" in 4 weeks, it's really for best that I'm alone when I attempt to eat.



I also tried moving my jaw from side to side today. It really felt like I was stretching far, only to realize you can hardly tell I'm moving my jaw at all! But my lips seem to be able to move, just not the jaw, not sure how that works. Guess I'll need to work those muscles from side to side too! All in all, still swollen. I'm trying not to freak myself out. I remember swelling up to look almost like a Cabbage Patch Doll when I got my wisdom teeth out. I had my jaw broken and my muscles stretched 9 mm, only 4 weeks ago. I can only imagine that inflammation is going to happen! I should also count my blessings that I don't look like a Cabbage Patch Doll. I just look like I'm playing a beginners game of Pudgy Bunny on my right side. Which reminds me, I need to throw back some Motrin. And I really must start taking pictures in the morning when I look... alive.

Happy Wednesday to you!

0 Responses to "Wednesday 04-02-08"