So I had to come to grips with the fact that my toenail was infected and not getting better. Infection is not good, especially when you're trying to heal anywhere else. Went to the doctor and found out I needed to have the offending portion of my toenail removed. Really?! Ugh. So I had to wait until the end of the day before I could go back and have the procedure finished.
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I HATE feet. I hate having mine touched in particular. I can honestly say I was dreading this appointment more than my jaw surgery. Honestly, my heart was racing more than on surgery day. The shots were the worst. My best description would be, as if a volcano erupted out the end of my toe. Plus the toe wouldn't get numb thanks to the infection. I eventually told her to start the procedure and I'd let her know if I couldn't handle the pain. There were a few twinges of pain, but for the most part I didn't feel much. Not to mention, I thought walking with the sore toe was difficult. Walking when you can't feel your big toe makes you look drunk.
Other than that, my mouth has felt fine today. :-) I can't wait to hear what the surgeons say tomorrow. It seems as if I gain a little more feeling in my lower lip and chin every day. I'm just happy I can smile!

0 Responses to "Tough Toenails Tuesday 04-15-08"
Post a Comment