Finally Wednesday


Well today was a better day. It helped that it was really Wednesday... since yesterday I thought it was Wednesday for a few hours. That means tomorrow is Thursday and also payday! I had nearly back to back patients, which makes for a busier day, but also helps it fly by. Plus I got to see the little boy who talks like a robot and thinks I'm one of the funniest people alive... always fun.

Went on a nice walk after dinner with Anthony. (My friends Nick and Anthony come over every Wednesday night for dinner.) Nick ditched us for homework. Once we got down to the pond we noticed two different "Geese families." They were on the walkway so I didn't know how they would react to us. I had a short flashback from my childhood of a white bread feeding gone bad, and being chomped on by an angry goose. Come to find out they can stick out their tongues and hiss. It's interesting. However Anthony at one point told the goose he could kick it across the pond. So I knew I was safe but as for the goose... (no one got bit or kicked.)

Breakthrough: I was telling a co-worker that I recently found out I can't whistle. When showing her, a small puney little whistle came out! Yay for facial muscles gaining back their strength! When I was thinking about how nice it is to bite on all of my back teeth, I started thinking about things I do differently and things I might not be able to do now. Things I do differently include the obvious chewing and some words are different to say now. I think I can almost acquire a lisp if I'm not careful. It's strange. My tongue doesn't seem to have to work as hard. Not that it was working hard before, it's tough to explain. The only thing that I might not be able to do anymore is use my teeth as a tuning fork. Let me try to explain. When my bite was starting to go awry, I noticed if I held my jaw in just the right way, my teeth would vibrate together when I was tuning my violin. There was no proof of such tuning abilities. But I'm not lying, it was spot on. But seeings how I don't play the violin anymore... not something I have to worry about!

1 comments:

Michelle (visit their site)

I can relate, since my SARPE, I can no longer whistle except for the one that comes out when I try to pronounce certain words. That never happened pre-surgery. Now my next surgery is July 11th and I'm hoping it will take care of some of these issues.
Oh, the things we go through just to get a normal bite.
Enjoy your weekend!!