Summery Saturday 05-17-08



What a fun filled day! Started out at Downtown Des Moines Farmer's Market. It was almost hot down there. The wind helped cool down the large crowd. I walked away having indulged in only one sesame ball! I purchased some asparagus that I am going to grill, 4 almond linzer cookies (which are to die for) and some goat cheese cracker spread. It was very crowded, but still is one of my favorite Saturday activities.


Headed to Newton for a graduation party. A high school graduate that I used to babysit. Wow do I feel old. It was nice seeing a few familiar faces. Grabbed dinner at La Cabana with my padre and then we went to Iron Man. That was a good movie. Robert Downey Jr. is nice to look at. Seriously, I can't believe how fit that man is considering the years of drug abuse!

Breakthrough:

Eating popcorn!!!!! Yay! It was a little difficult, but I think that has more to do with the recent orthodontic adjustment. I've only been the movies a few times since my surgery, but each time I was dying to eat popcorn. I've arrived.

0 Responses to "Summery Saturday 05-17-08"