Friday 05-23-08

Today is my Grandpa Walker's 80th birthday! The things he has seen... Here is a picture of him when he was probably 16. Tomorrow is the birthday party for Gramps. Should be fun.

Today was an interesting day. I have helped out with the Healthy Athlete, Special Smiles program with the Special Olympics for 4 years now. We provide oral screenings, patient education and mouth guards for athletes that may need them. It has always been fabulous weather and this year we were to be outside in a tent, closer to more of the athletes. However, I woke up to what sounded like a typhoon outside my window. Needless to say, we did not stay outside. That meant for slow traffic through our area, because we were hidden away and not clearly labeled. We still were able to screen quite a few athletes and make a number of mouth guards. It was fun, and I'll continue to do it for years to come, but it was SLOW.


Breakthrough today: I ate some cheetos!! Orange, cheesy, crunchy goodness! Tasted great but was tough to get out of braces. However, I enjoyed every second of it.

0 Responses to "Friday 05-23-08"