Again, I only saw a few patients today... makes the day go by really slowly. At one point I thought it was Wednesday for a few hours. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was only Tuesday. Ugh. I had a terrible headache today. This might be one of my first real bad headaches since my surgery. I think I can count maybe 2-3 of them. (Besides the first few weeks post surgery with the muscle spasms). I really think I need my neck adjusted, I'm just trying to hold off until my jaw is completely healed. (Golly, my body has been through a lot in the last few months... considering I never did get an adjustment after my ski trip and the infamous snowboarder wipeout) The headache starts at the top of my shoulder blades (Good 'ol hygiene hot spot) and goes to the back of my head/neck.Tonight was another night of season finales. And again I found myself tearing up. Seriously... I need a life. But NCIS was 2 hours full of emotion.
Breakthrough: Lately my top teeth have been very cold sensitive. It was Hillary's birthday at work (well everywhere else too) and I made an Oreo ice cream dessert. When I ate it... No cold zings!!! Also I noticed that I didn't flinch this morning when I rinsed my mouth. Might be the Sensodyne toothpaste, might just be my mouth is healing. My lower teeth still feel funny as does my lower lip and chin. But I'm not lying when I say every day it gets a little bit better.
Another breakthrough! I fit into my graduation dress. Not my college graduation, my high
school!!! This isn't completely surgery related, but somewhat. I've definitely lost weight, that's no surprise. I tend to be a stress baker and thus a stress eater. I packed on the pounds at the end of hygiene around Boards time. Between working on losing it, the break up and the surgery it finally was lost! I'm close to 20-25 pounds lighter than I was last year at this time. CRAZY!!! Anyway, it was a pretty big accomplishment for me, so I wanted to celebrate... I ate a brownie. (That had nuts in it and I could chew them - double bonus!)

0 Responses to "Still Tuesday"
Post a Comment