My trip to Minnesota was great. The drive up was quick and easy. Julia wanted Chipotle very badly, so we stopped there on the way to the game. I thought I would eat some, but realized it was too soon. (last time I had it, I got sick... granted it wasn't Chipotle's fault, rather the crazy driving down out the mountains going 90 mph)
Which leads me to my breakthrough of the weekend: I introduce to you, Shanda eating a Dome Dog! (A rather plump hotdog) I didn't have to tear it apart, I could just sink my teeth into it. It actually was a little uncomfortable but I powered through. I was extremely hungry. I hadn't had anything to eat all day. Why do you ask? Well this is an interesting story.
I had arranged to meet up with my ex who had my Red Sox shirt. I met him downtown in front of his work and picked it up this morning. As we stood and talked I noticed this lady walking slowly towards us, because her shirt was so flesh colored it made her look like she wasn't wearing one. She passed me, so my back was towards her and I hear this noise. I saw the look of disgust on Chris' face and realized she had just puked all over the building. We were only about 10 feet away from her. How embarrassing for her. We asked her if there was anything we could do to which she said she was fine. Turned around and puked some more. At that point, Chris needed to get back to work, and the meter maid was headed towards my car. We both had to jet. I felt bad for the lady. I had been starving, but just couldn't get myself to eat until about 7 pm. I hope she started feeling better. She had said it was the medicine she was taking. Either way, this is Des Moines, not New York City... you don't see stuff like that everyday. Thank goodness!
I missed Thanksgiving this last year, and walked out early on Easter due to an argument. I'd be pressing my luck if I miss Mother's Day. Especially this year... my mom has been a lifesaver! She was sooooo much help during my surgery. I cannot tell you everything she did for me. Seriously, I'm finding out stuff she did now, and apparently I was awake when she did it, but drugged up enough to forget. :-D

0 Responses to "Getaway Weekend 05-10-08"
Post a Comment